15 Amazing Uses for Banana Peel!
Who knew these fabulous little tips for using Banana Peels. I am always interested in anything that can keep my carbon footprint low! Let us know if you are using any of these tips!
- Polish your shoes – Use the outside of the peel to rub onto your shoes. Wipe with a cloth.
2. Whiten your teeth – Use the inside of the peel to rub over your teeth. Just 2 minutes a day.
3. Ripen avocados – Place peel into a brown paper bag with the unripe avocado and leave for 24 hrs.
4. Keep meat tender – Place peel with inside on top of the meat, roast us usual. Or place under the meat to roast.
5. Reduce puffy eyes and wrinkles – cut out shapes and place with the inside of the peel against your skin.
6. Clean Silver – rub the inside of the peel against the silver, then polish with a clean cloth.
7. Compost and Fertiliser – bury in the dirt around your plants.
8. Bug Spray - add peels to a bucket of water, let sit for a couple of days, then water your plants. Helps roses resist disease.
9. Migraine headaches - place the whole banana skin, inside directly onto your forehead and relax.
10. Make stir fry, chutney, vinegar and curry – more info here
11. Heal Warts and scrapes, Remove splinters – apply a small square, flesh side directly onto your wart and cover with a bandaid.
12. Clean plants and make leaves glossy - rub with the fleshy side and leave.
13. Leave a message – scrape a message into the yellow skin and leave for 1 hour….your message will blacken!
14. Banana Tea for depression, weight loss and good sleep – simply boil the skins for 5 minutes, let sit for 2.
15. Soothe bruises, bug bites and psoriasis – place peel, flesh side onto skin.
We got this info from a lovely little video on FaceBook and wanted to share it with you: