The summer superfood to keep you healthy!
One of our summer superfoods is the delicious ruby red pomegranate!
Here are 10 things to know about this summer fruit.
- Anti-inflammatory: Eating pomegranates reduces the production of chemicals that cause inflammation.
- They're good for the heart: It's a heart-healthy fruit that can help reduce blood pressure.
- Assist with weight loss: Pomegranate might help reduce obesity caused by high-fat diets and protect against metabolic disorders.
- Skin damage: The strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of pomegranate might help protect skin against sun-induced damage.
- Could improve sexual health: Pomegranate juice has been shown to enhance blood flow.
- Protect the liver: The major antioxidant components harnessed from pomegranates are polyphenols and flavonoids, these may protect people from liver damage.
- Fight infection: Recognized for its antimicrobial effects, the pomegranate can help conditions like candida and yeast.
- Women in labor: Pomegranate extract has the potential to be used to encourage the uterus to contract during labor, through a rise in calcium, which is necessary for any muscle to contract.
- Protect against arthritis: Pomegranate is used as a nutritional therapy in alternative medicine for inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
- Help with brain health: Pomegranate can inhibit inflammation in specialized brain cells, to help prevent or slow down Alzheimer's development.