This is an easy to bake delicious and nutritious Banana Bread. It can be toasted and served with a little butter and sliced bananas makes a really good breakfast on the go!
Banana flour is a gluten free flour that actually has nutritious elements in it like potassium, zinc, magnesium and vitamin E. It is available at most health food stores.
225g (1 1/3 cups) banana flour
1 ½ tsp bicarb soda
Pinch of salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
70g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
3 large eggs
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
150g overripe mashed banana
½ cup coconut milk
¼ cup Greek yoghurt
Top with thinly sliced banana
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Line a medium loaf tin with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the pan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin.
- Sprinkle with the coconut chips, gently pressing into the mixture. (optional)
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.