Berry Jam Biscuits
These heart shaped biscuits are perfect for that special occasion that says I Love You!
Drizzle with melted sugar free chocolate for an extra special treat. Top with a dollop of cream,
the choice is yours.
- Butter or oil to grease
- 300g almond meal
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 60g Perfect Sweet xylitol
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170℃/150℃ fan forced. Brush 2 baking trays with butter or oil to grease. Line with baking paper.
- Mix the almond meal and bicarb soda in a small bowl
- Beat together the egg, vanilla extract, xylitol and salt in another bowl. Add the almond mixture and using your hands, knead into a firm dough. Cover and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough to about 2mm thick. Cut out 6cm rounds (approx 40), then using a miniature heart cookie cutter, cut out the heart shape from the centre of half (20) of the rounds. Place onto the prepared trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- When they have cooled. If you are drizzling chocolate over the biscuits, melt your chocolate and drizzle across the top of the heart shaped rounds only or you can dip one edge into the choclate to coat. (Allow the chocolate to set hard before proceeding to sandwich the 2 sides together.) If you are not using the chocolate, simply skip this step. Use our sugar free Berry Jam to sandwich the biscuits together.