Chocolate Raspberry Hearts
These Raspberry Chocolate Hearts are a wonderful edible gift for the friend who has everything. Nothing is more special than a homemade decadent heart shaped cake filled with love.
Makes 6 – 10 (depending on size of heart cookie cutter)
- 300g Raw Dark Chocolate (click here for our sugar free recipe) or good quality sugar free dark chocolate
- 250g butter
- 120g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries, crushed
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 5 X-large eggs, (60g)
- 225g almond meal
Grated chocolate and extra raspberries to decorate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Brush a 20 x 30cm slice tray with butter to grease. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate, butter, xylitol and dried raspberries into a heat-proof bowl large enough to sit on the rim of a saucepan without touching the water. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Add the gluten free flour and beat into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- Gently fold in the almond meal until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean with a few crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto a plate to finish cooling.
- Cut into shapes using a heart cookie cutter. Decorate with chocolate and extra raspberries.