- 230g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 large egg yolks
- 170g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 300g self-raising flour
- 250ml milk
- 6 large egg whites
- 115g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 180g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140° fan forced). Grease and flour a 22cm spring form cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, egg yolks and xylitol until thick and creamy. Gently fold in the flour and milk. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Cake Top: Using an electric beater, whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl, until soft peaks form. With the beaters still running, slowly add the xylitol, continuing to beat until the xylitol dissolves and stiff peaks form.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in the coconut. Spread the topping over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean with a few crumbs.
Copyright © 2016 SweetLife Australia Pty Ltd