Makes one 9-inch crust
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons Perfect Sweet™ xyitol
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 115 grams butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond meal, xyitol and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the melted butter and mix with spoon until the mixture has fully combined into a dough like ball.
- Turn the dough into a well greased 9-inch tart pan. Using your hands gently press the dough into the pan ensuring a uniform thickness.
- Place the tart tin on a cookie tray and place in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
Lemon Curd Filling
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Perfect Sweet™ xyitol
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup lemon zest
- 6 egg yolks
Makes 1.5 cups
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in xylitol, lemon juice, and lemon zest until the xylitol has dissolved. Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat. Whisk continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the pre baked tart crust and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or better, overnight.