Hot Chocolate with Cherries
- 200grams cherries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tsp Perfect Sweet xylitol, or to taste
- 1 tsp water (only if using fresh cherries)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk or almond milk
- 120g raw or good quality dark chocolate, chopped (or to make our sugar free chocolate, see link below).
- If using frozen cherries, allow to defrost in a small saucepan. Add Perfect Sweet and cook on moderate heat for about 5 minutes until the cherries are soft and squishy.
- If using fresh, cook the cherries with Perfect Sweet and water as above.
- Sieve or puree the cherry mix to create a thick sauce.
- Heat the milk to just below boiling point.
- Place the chocolate and vanilla extract into a blender.
- Pour hot milk over the chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Add the cherrysuace to the blender.
- Blend until the chocolate is mixed and the drink is frothy.
- Sweeten to taste and reheat is necessary.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!
Raw Dark Chocolate recipe: