Iced Vo-Vo Cupcakes
These sugar free Iced Vo-Vo cupcakes are such a treat! Remember the Iced Vo-Vo biscuits you used to eat as a child? These are even better, healthier, sugar free and gluten free....such a pretty addition to the table, they will have your guest asking for more.
- 1 cup pink marshmallow (Rocky Road recipe)
- 25g butter, chopped
- 12 medium cupcakes (Butterfly cup cake recipe0
- 1/3 cup Berry Jam (Strawberry Jam recipe)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Make marshmallows using the recipe from our sugar free Rocky Road recipe. http://www.sweetlife.com.au/recipe/rocky-road/
- Bake 12 medium cup cakes using our Butterfly Cupcake recipe, up to step 7. http://www.sweetlife.com.au/sugar-free-recipes/cake/butterfly-cupcakes/
- Make the Strawberry Jam, using any berries you like http://www.sweetlife.com.au/sugar-free-recipes/jams-spreads/strawberry-jam/
- Place marshmallows and butter into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, do not let it set.
- Working with 1 cupcake at a time, spread a little marshmallow icing onto each side of the top of the cupcake, leaving a bare strip down the centre, then spread the jam down the strip.
- Roll the sides of the cupcake in the coconut and then sprinkle coconut onto the top of the cake to entirely coat the top of the cake including the jam.
- Set aside and repeat until all of the cupcakes are coated.
- Set aside until the icing has set.
Copyright © 2016 SweetLife Australia Pty Ltd