Lamington Cake Mix
Makes 24 pieces
- 1 packet 97% Sugar Free KitchenTM Lamington Cake Mix
- 3 X-large eggs (60g)
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk (125ml)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease an 18cm square cake pan with butter and line with baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs, melted butter and milk.
- Add cake mix and mix on low speed to combine. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Fill prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire rack. Shave off the edges of the cooled cake and cut into 24 pieces.
- 1 tsp arrowroot, sifted
- 1 cup cold water (250ml)
- 20g cacao or cocoa powder
- 60g Perfect SweetTM xylitol
- 20g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g desiccated coconut, to coat
- Mix the arrowroot with 2 tbsp of water until smooth. Stir in the remainder of the water and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Stir in the cacao and xylitol, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter.
- Use a fork to dip each cube into the chocolate mixture, coating all sides. Roll in the coconut and place on a rack to dry.
Why not try...our cream and berry jam filled Lamington layer cake? Instead of cutting your cake into 24 squares, simply cut in half, and coat with chocolate and coconut. Fill with our delicious sugar free jam and whipped cream and serve.