This is a surprising little recipe, it is so moist and flavourful, it is absolutely delicious! It is a very moist cake with just a little tang, and it seems to stay fresher for longer...let us know what you think about our Lemon cake!
- 2 ½ cups lightly packed almond meal
- 2 tsps gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- ½ cup Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium organic lemon zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm cake pan with baking paper and coat lightly with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the yogurt, xylitol, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Fold in the ¼ cup olive oil.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Place on a rack in the middle of the oven and bake for 35 minutes (or until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean with just a few crumbs).
- Cool and serve with a dollop of sugar free natural yogurt.