These Lamingtons use our Mini Lamington recipe, but we have added whipped cream and sugar free Berry jam, to make them just that little bit more irresistable. Bake, assemble, cut in half and spread with jam, then top with whipped cream, pop the top back on and you are ready to go!
- 150g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 100g Perfect Sweet xylitol
- 3 large eggs
- 200g almond meal
- 50g arrowroot, sifted
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 180ml milk, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, sifted
- 250ml cold water
- 20g cacao powder or good quality cocoa
- 60g Perfect Sweet xylitol
- 20g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g desiccated coconut, to coat
- Preheat oven to 170oC/150oC fan forced. Grease a 20cm square cake pan with butter and line with baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and xylitol in a medium bowl until pale and fluffy. WHile beating, add one egg at a time until well combined.
- Combine the almond meal, arrowroot, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and then add to the egg mixture. Mix on low speed. Stir in the milk until combined.
- Pour mixture into lined cake pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 - 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to give the cake a chance to firm up before slicing.
- Cut cake into 16 cubes.
- Make a slurry with the arrowroot and 2 tablespoons of the water in a small bowl. STir in the remainder of the water and transfer into a small saucepan.
- Stir in the cacao and the xylitol and bring to the boil, simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter.
- Using a fork, dip each square into the chocolate mix, coating all sides. Then roll in the coconut. Place on a rack to dry. Continue to coat all the lamingtons.
Cut in half, spread with Berry Jam and whipped cream. Add the top of the Lamington and enjoy!