Mother's Day Cupcake
A special treat for your someone special on Mother's Day! Chocolatey with a fruity topping, these are sure to be a favourite. So easy, the kids can enjoy making and decorating these for mum! Decorate and have some fun with cupcakes holders, there are so many varieties out there these days!
- 2 large eggs
- 50g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 100g almond meal
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 50g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 100g Raw Dark Chocolate or good quality sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
RASPBERRY AND CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 250g light cream cheese, softened
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 45g Perfect Sweet® xylitol, to taste
- 125g fresh raspberry puree, strained
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 6 cupcake pan (125ml capacity) with 6 cupcake papers.
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs and xylitol in a large bowl, on high speed, until pale and creamy.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder and salt and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, place the butter and chocolate in a bowl large enough to cover the saucepan and set aside.
- Once water is boiling, remove from the heat and place prepared bowl with butter and chocolate on top, stirring gently to melt. When melted and fully combined, add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 large cupcake liners. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean with a few crumbs.
RASPBERRY & CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Use an electric beater to whisk all frosting ingredients together. Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes and decorate as desired.