Afternoon tea always feels a little decadent with homemade scones, sugar free jam and dollops of whipped cream! Easy to make and even easier to eat...go on, spoil yourself this weekend!
Makes 12 scones
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan-forced. Grease a 22cm (base) round cake pan. Lightly dust with flour. Position the oven rack in the top half of the oven.
- Sift flour, xylitol and salt into a bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips. Make a well in centre. Pour milk into the well. Using a flat-bladed knife, gently stir until dough just comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 30 seconds or until just smooth.
- Press dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut out scones. Press leftover dough together. Repeat to make 12 scones. Place scones, just touching, in prepared pan. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden.