Protein Seed and Nut Bars
A delicious sugar free high protein bar for on-the-go! Store it in the freezer or fridge, sliced up, perfect for the a quick protein hit without the blood sugar spikes.
150g butter or coconut oil, melted
80ml xylitol syrup (method below)
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
130g rolled oats, roasted and chopped
100g almonds, roasted and chopped
30g hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
50g walnuts, roasted and chopped
50g sunflower seeds, roasted and chopped
1 tbspn flax seeds
100g desiccated coconut
1. In a small pot, combine the butter or coconut oil, xylitol syrup, cacao and cinnamon over a
low heat, stirring until combined (a few minutes).
2. For a tastier slice, toast the oats, nut, seeds and coconut in a large pan over a low heat for 5
– 10 minutes, stirring often (the coconut will color). If you prefer, simply combine the dry
3. Allow to cool a little (if you’ve chosen to toast) and then pulse (quickly) in your food
processor a couple of times to chop the nuts a little.
4. Add the wet ingredients and mix together until well combined.
5. Use a big wet serving spoon to press firmly into a small slice tine lined with baking paper.
6. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
7. Once set, remove from the tin and cut into squares.
Customise your Protein Seed and Nut Bars to be vegan, gluten free and grain free!
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. They will fall apart if not kept cool
(especially the coconut oil version) so serve or pack from frozen and keep in a container with an
icepack if storing out of the fridge.
1/2 cup Perfect Sweet xylitol
1/2 cup water
1. In a saucepan, bring water and xylitol to the boil and reduce down to 1/3 cup (80ml)
Gluten Free and Grain Free: Replace the oats with rolled quinoa and/or millet.
Vegetarian or Vegan: Use coconut oil or your favourite nut oil instead of butter.