Raspberry & Almond Macarons
Raspberry and Almond Macarons
A perfect treat for special guests, morning or afternoon tea! These Raspberry and Almond macarons are delicous, sugar free and gluten free! Made with Perfect Sweet™ xylitol for the biscuit and filling, these macarons are a great source of protein and completely refined sugar free.
- Butter for greasing
- 50g (1 ¾ oz) raspberries (for purees)
- 120g (4 ¼ oz) almond meal
- 75g (2 ½ oz) Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 20g (2/3 oz) arrowroot
- 3 x 60g egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 20g (2/3 oz) Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 1 tablespoon raspberry puree
- 125g (4 ½ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 10g (1/3 oz) arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons raspberry puree
- Preheat oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan-forced (300˚F/250˚F). Brush a baking tray with butter to grease. Line with baking paper.
- Puree the raspberries by pushing through a fine meshed sieve with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Mix the almond meal, xylitol and arrowroot in a bowl.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites and salt in a medium sized bowl, on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the salt and 20g xylitol to the egg mixture and beat until the xylitol is dissolved.
- Gently fold in half of the dry ingredients and then fold in the 2nd half and 1 table spoon of the raspberry puree.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm plain nozzle. Pipe 4cm rounds (approx 40) onto the prepared trays. Tap the trays to even the macaroons and let stand for 30 mins at room temperature.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool.
- Beat the softened butter until pale. Add the xylitol and arrowroot until and beat until fluffy. Add 2 tablespoons of raspberry puree and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Spread or pipe the raspberry filling onto the flat side of a macaroon and sandwich together with another.