Red Bean Flourless Chocolate Cake
Author: Carolyn Hartz Date Posted:26 July 2021
What a treat, this Sugar Free Red Bean Flourless Chocolate Cake is deceptively light, it looks quite dense but when you bite into it, it is so light and tasty! Low on calories, the recipe is easy and great for your gluten free friends! We decorated our cake with edible flowers, they almost look like butterfies!
Serves 8 - 10
- 1 tin red kidney beans (420g) drained
- 1/2 tsp coffee, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbspn gluten free cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbspn butter or oil
- 3/4 cup SlimSweetTM Monk Fruit Sweetener, to taste
- 5 eggs, (60g)
- 1/2 tsp gluten free bicarb soda
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100g Raw Dark Chocolate, or good quality sugar free dark chocolate, finely chopped or grated
- 80ml whipping cream
- 30g SlimSweetTM Monk Fruit Sweetener, to taste
- Preheat oven to 160oC. Brush a 20 x 20cm cake pan or a 20cm round spring form cake pan with butter or oil to grease. Line with baking paper.
- Blend the kidney beans n a food processor, then add coffee (if using), vanilla, cocoa, salt, butter (or oil if preferrred) and Monk Fruit. Blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until thick and creamy. Add the bicarb soda and baking powder and beat until combined.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake at 160oC for 40 - 45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto a serving plate to finish cooling.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Place the cream and Monk Fruit Sweetener in a saucepan and bring to near boiling, do not boil. Carefully pour hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until melted and the ganache is smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread ganache evenly over top and sides of the cooled cake. Set aside until set. Decorate as desired.