Who doesn’t love rocky road? Now, you can enjoy it guilt free because of our delicious sugar free and gluten free rocky road recipe. We promise it’s just as tasty as the original, if not more!
Sugar Free and Gluten Free
- 125ml cold water
- 20g powdered gelatine
- 250ml cold water
- 200g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry essence or natural pink colouring
- 500g Raw Dark Chocolate or good quality 85% dark chocolate
- 100g pistachios (optional)
- 100g cranberries
- 80g toasted coconut
- Vanilla & strawberry marshmallows cut into 1cm cubes
- Place cold water in a clean bowl, sprinkle over gelatine and whisk to dissolve.
- Place 250ml water and xylitol in a small saucepan and heat until dissolved.
- Add the gelatine mixture and stir to combine. Gently boil for 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. Do not allow to set.
- Divide mixture between 2 large bowls. Stir the vanilla into the first bowl, and then stir the strawberry essence into the second bowl.
- Using an electric beater, beat each flavour on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour the fluffy mixture into 2 lined 18cm square cake pans and set in the fridge. . When ready, cut into cubes with a wet knife.
- Place the Raw Dark Chocolate into a bowl and melt over hot water. Remove the bowl from the hot water.
- Mix the pistachios (optional), cranberries, coconut and the white and pink marshmallow cubes in a large bowl and mix with the melted Raw Dark Chocolate (or good quality 85% dark chocolate). Refrigerate to set. Cut into desired serving size.
For Sugar Free Raw Dark Chocolate, see the recipe on our website.
For a quicker option, use a good quality 85% dark chocolate.
And there you have it! Simple to make and incredibly tasty, you’ll love our sugar free and gluten free rocky road recipe. Try it today!
Copyright © 2014 SweetLife Australia Pty Ltd