We have to admit, we cheated a little bit with this recipe! We have used the Sugar Free KitchenTM Lamington Cake Mix to make these divine little cupcakes. We added strawberry puree and iced them with our favourite Rasberry Filling recipe. They really are such a pretty little cake and they taste amazing!
- 1 packet Sugar Free KitchenTM Lamington Cake Mix
- 6 X- large eggs
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk (125ml)
- 100g fresh Strawberry puree (optional)
- 250g light cream cheese softened
- 100g unsalted butter
- 45g Perfect Sweet xylitol, to taste
- 125g fresh raspberry puree
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a cupcake pan and line with baking paper or you can use decorative patty pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, butter and milk.
- Add the cake mix and mix on low speed to combine. Add the strawberry puree and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Fill prepared pan or patty pans.
- Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean with a few crumbs.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese, butter and xylitol in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the strained raspberry puree and mix well.
- Spread or pipe onto cupcakes and decorate as you wish.
Simply process fresh or thawed, frozen Australian raspberries and Perfect Sweet xylitol to taste, in a food processor or blender and strain through a fine mesh sieve.