Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich
We used our NEW Double Choc Cookie Mix to make these delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Makes 10 ice cream serves
- 2 vanilla pods
- 500ml milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 120g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 600ml whipping cream
- Line the base of a 17cm spring form baking pan with baking paper.
- Open vanilla pods and with the blunt side of a knife, scrape seeds into a saucepan. Add milk and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg yolks and xylitol in a bowl on high speed until pale and creamy. Using a balloon whisk, gradually pour the boiling milk mixture over the egg mixture, while quickly whisking. Remove pods.
- Pour mixture back into the saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the warm custard into a clean bowl. Add the cream and mix well. Refrigerate.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker to churn the mixture, spoon into the prepared pan and freeze, preferably overnight.
- Using a warm cookie cutter, cut out sections of the icecream and sandwich between two cookies to serve.