Amaretti are small Italian almond biscuits, similar to macaroons. Crunchy, sweet and deliciously healthy, you’ll love our sugar free and gluten free recipe version of the amaretti biscuit.
Sugar Free and Gluten Free
- 250g almond meal
- 80g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 X-large egg
- 1 X-large egg white
- Powdered xylitol for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almond meal and xylitol in a food processor and process until combined. Add vanilla and almond extract and pulse a few times.
- Add the whole egg and process until well combined.
- Add the egg white and continue to process to a smooth dough.
- Place teaspoons of dough onto the baking tray and flatten slightly using index finger knuckle.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray.
- Dust with powdered xylitol.
A tasty treat for all ages, try our sugar free and gluten free amaretti biscuit recipe today and let us know how you go!