Carrot & Poppy Seed Muffins
This no added sugar recipe has a much lower GI than any normal muffin recipe. It also has added protein, as we use almond meal. It is a great way to start your morning. Replace with gluten free self-raising flour for a gluten free recipe. Freezes well for snacks and lunch boxes.
Carrot, Almond and Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
- ½ cup self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1½ cup carrots, grated
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup (75g) Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sifted self raising flour, almond meal, ground cinnamon, poppy seeds and carrot.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, vegetable oil and Perfect Sweet® xylitol.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture into an 18 mini muffin pan, lined with paper cups.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Sprinkle with extra Perfect Sweet® xylitol for a sugar free decoration.
Simple to make and yet, so incredibly tasty, try our sugar free carrot, almond and poppy seed mini muffins recipe today!
Copyright © 2014 SweetLife Australia Pty Ltd