Orange Tea Cake
If you like Orange Tea Cake, you are going to love this sugar free, gluten free version! It is just as tasty as the original, but without any harmful additives.
Makes 18 slices
- Melted butter or light olive oil, for greasing
- 250g whole orange, unpeeled
- 100g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
- 250g almond meal
- 4 X-large eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- Cook the orange in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 hour until tender. Drain and cool. Halve and remove seeds. Do not remove the skin.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced. Brush a 25cm x 7.5cm x 7.5cm deep straight-sided loaf pan with butter or oil to grease. Line base and the two long sides with baking paper, allowing ends to overhang pan edges.
- Use a food processor to puree unpeeled orange and Perfect Sweet® xylitol. Add almond meal, eggs and gluten free baking powder and process until combined.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Orange Mini Muffins
Grease 18 x 30ml mini muffin pans with butter or light olive oil. Spoon cake mixture into pans and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with skewer.
Do not overcook the cake, as it should be moist.
Thats it! – A superb sugar free and gluten free orange tea cake recipe that’s not only deliciously healthy, it’s also simple to make.
Copyright © 2014 SweetLife Australia Pty Ltd